The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. Just as the [false seed/grain] are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send his angels,
and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers,
and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.
- Men are described as trees throughout the Word of God (Deu 20:19-20): Messiah is referred to as the Righteous Branch (Jer 23:5-6, 14-16, Zec 3:3-10, Zec 6:12-15) and the Branch from the trunk of Jesse (Isa 11-5, 10); Isaiah refers to people as trees of righteousness, a planting of the Lord (Isa 61:1-6); the blind man that Messiah caused to see described seeing men as trees walking (Mar 8:22-26).
- The harvest is described as the end of the age (Mat 13:36-43)
- The harvesters are angels/messengers (Mat 13:36-43)
- A tree that is the first to awaken and produce a firstfruit that is handpicked before the intensity of the heat (almond)?
- A tree that produces fruit with fat, sweet flesh and contains a bitter, single seed (cherry, apricot, peach, nectarine, plum)?
- A tree that produces fruit whose flesh withers in the heat exposing a single, edible seed (almond)? Is that seed found to be sweet (faithful) or bitter (rebellious, unfaithful)?
- A tree that produces sweet, fleshy fruit containing many seeds (doctrines of men) such as the fig or the apple?
- A tree that produces fruit with hundreds of seeds (doctrines of men) such as the pomegranate?
- A tree that produces fruit with an inedible seed that is as hard as stone & flesh so bitter and unpalatable that it must be pickled before it can be eaten (olive)?
- A tree that produces fruit with no flesh and a single, edible seed that is divided into two compartments (walnut, pecan)?
Figure 1 – Harvest Season, Seed, Flesh, Pollination of Various Fruit Trees
Firstfruit of the almond (green almonds)
Cherries, Apricots, Peaches, Plums (stone fruits related to almond tree)
Sweet Almond (final harvest)
Bitter Almond (final harvest)
Citrus (lemons, limes, oranges)
As we continue in His Word, may we know the Truth and may the Truth set us free!
~Followers of the Righteous Branch