(And just as יהוה instructed Aaron to write his name on the branch for the house of Levi, note that when the Righteous Branch returns, he will have a name written on his thigh [Rev 19:12-16].)
Not only does this story testify and prophesy of the resurrection of the Righteous Branch, this story serves as another witness as to exactly WHICH tree יהוה created to testify of Christ - the Righteous Branch. Note that Aaron’s branch budded, blossomed and yielded ripening ALMONDS. This is no coincidence. Along with the golden lampstand (aka menorah), the parable of Aaron’s branch reveals that יהוה created the ALMOND TREE to serve as a faithful witness of Christ - the Righteous Branch. Every detail of the almond tree and its cycle testifies of him.
Consider the testimony of the branch of the sweet almond tree. According to its own testimony:
- the sweet almond tree is the first of the fruit trees to awaken from winter slumber;
- upon awakening, it covers its branches in white blossoms,
- bees are critical to pollination;
- it yields a type of firstfruit that is hand-picked;
- the flesh of the fruit withers in the intense summer heat;
- in the end all that remains is the seed… no flesh remains;
- in the seventh month after awakening and blossoming, its seed is gathered in by shaking, beating and striking its branches;
- the sweet almond seed is edible… and golden oil is pressed from the seed.
Now consider how this design parallels with the testimony of the Righteous Branch.
- Wasn’t the Righteous Branch watchful and alert
- Didn't He “guard” and keep His Father's commandments?
- Wasn’t the Righteous Branch clothed in white garments of righteousness?
- Wasn’t the Righteous Branch “pollinated” by His Father’s word/command? (Note: The Hebrew word for “bee” is “Deborah" and comes from the root word "dabar" which means “word/command”.)
- Wasn’t he the FIRSTFRUIT of the resurrection?
- Wasn’t He tested (tribulation, heat) and found that He did nothing of His flesh and spoke nothing of His own?
- Wasn’t He stricken, beaten and shaken… crushed but not destroyed?
- Wasn’t He the Seed of the Word of יהוה that was filled with the golden Holy Spirit?
It is interesting to note that the Hebrew word for almond tree (shaqed - H8247) comes from a word which means to be alert, sleepless, on the lookout, to watch (shaqad - H8245). In fact, the almond tree is known as the watchful tree. (This is why יהוה showed Jeremiah the branch of an almond tree - see Jer 1:10-11).
Even the cycle of the almond tree parallels the feasts of יהוה which should come as no surprise:
- abib corresponds with the awakening and blossoming of the almond tree;
- firstfruits are ready to be hand-picked over a course of approximately seven weeks from pollination;
- in the seventh month after blossoming, its branches are shaken, beaten and waved in order to gather in the seed.
Thus, the Creator purposefully and intently created the almond tree to testify of Christ - the Righteous Branch - for men are as trees and are known by their fruit. If Christ - the Righteous Branch - is as an almond tree, then what kind of branch are those who abide in him?
Remember in the kingdom of יהוה, like kind produces like kind and the Creator does not condone mingling of seed or species. So in applying the principles of the kingdom of יהוה, those who abide in Christ - the Righteous Branch - are also as branches of an ALMOND tree… not an olive tree! It is critical for those who are returning to walk in the ways of יהוה to understand this concept. It is critical for those who are returning to His Truth to recognize the Branch they abide in and to understand their identity. The true root is the root of the stump of Jesse (Isa 11:1-10). This is the same root that Abraham came from. This is the same root that Christ came from. This is the same root that the faithful come from. A budding and blossoming almond branch. And like the parable of the golden lampstand (aka menorah), they will produce the same fruit: the fruit of light… the fruit of the commands of יהוה.